Tuesday 8 May 2012

Review of Truly Yours Box April

So it has been just over a week since I received my Truly Yours box, which is a monthly subscription box with 4-5 samples usually deluxe or travel size and occasional full size products in the box. This post is a review post just to let you know my thoughts about the products I received in my April box which is also my first box.
For the people who have not read the previous post this is what the box looks like, I think it is the same size as the Glossy boxes but instead of the pink it is this mint tiffany box green.






Ok so the first item on the card was the L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Hand Cream, I have to say I love this product. I have used this product before and I loved it so I was pretty happy that I received a travel size of their shea butter hand cream in my box. It smells absolutely amazing! It has a nice soap smell to it, and when you apply it to your hands it actually soaks up the product completely. Leaving your hands nice and soft without feeling it greasy for the next couple of minutes.


The second item I received was the Original Moroccan Oil Treatment in a miniature bottle. I haven't used any oils for my hair because my hair gets greasy really quickly and I have always been scared when I use any of the oils that my hair becomes even more greasy. But this product did not do so, when you first put it on your hand it looks like any oil and you are like do I want to put this in my greasy hair to make it even more greasy? The answer to that is yes! It smells absolutely gorgeous and it makes your hair smell nice or even nicer and it gives it that little bit of natural shine to your hair. It can be used on both dry and wet hair, although for the shiny effect I would recommend using it on dry hair.


The third item I received was the Thierry Muger Womanity scent in a miniature bottle. I know that usually Thierry Mugler perfumes have a very sweet scent to them, so I expected it to be sweet. And I like some sweet scents, like the Vera Wang Princess one. But this almost made me sick, I did not like it at all, the bottle is really cute but the sweetness of the scent was too strong and overpowering. The bottle will be put on my shelf for show not for use.


The fourth item I received was this Nablus soap in natural olive. I have not used to soap to be honest because I need to use up my other soaps before I use this one. According to the card it is a smooth soap with its main ingredient being olive oil and is made by an old Palestinian recipe. And it is an all natural product. I do have to say, I do like the fancy packaging, it is gold triangle print with small green emerald color squares in them.


The last item that was in the box is the Chestnut Cosmetics Instant Bronzing lotion. I have to say I am not a big fake tanner, well I am not anymore anyways. I used to use fake tan for nights out but have decided not to use fake tan anymore, because it was giving streaks and sometimes gave a strange orange color to my skin. I was surprised to find that this fake tan smelled quite nice, normally some of the fake tans smell horrible. But this was actually a nice smell, you have to use cotton pads I would say 2 or 3 cotton pads and put some on the cotton pads and then apply it to your skin. It says it dries fast and it does, it can be a good thing because when you get dressed afterwards it won't come off or stain your clothes. But if you apply an area with too much of it, you are left with a stain! I found out that just one layer of it didn't do much for my skin tone so I had to apply two layers of it. I guess I will be using it for when the skirts and shorts season arrive because I have really pale legs. And you just wash it off at the end of the day.


All in all I have to say a pretty good box, with products I will actually use except for the Thierry Mugler Womanity scent because that is just too sweet for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...