Friday 21 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas (Day 9) Christmas Miracle?

Hi dolls,

You cannot have ignored it as it has been announced well forever ago and all TV stations somehow mentioned it at least once in the last couple of days. Of course I am talking about the end of the Mayan Calendar. Or as some people have called it doomsday.

To be honest, I have been sceptical from the beginning about this day. As it was reported a long time ago that the end of the Mayan calendar just meant that it was the end of that period of time and that a new period would start. Kind of like we would start with a new year every 1st of January. 

Of course this doomsday scenario wasn't really helped by the fact that there are a lot of paranoid people out there and is only encouraged more by those disaster movies. I think one of the most famous ones is the Day After Tomorrow, I have to admit I love that movie it is so nicely done. But a more recent one is of course 2012, where the world as we know it comes to an end as all the continents basically shift or the north and south pole change places anyways it was something very geographical like that. 

As I am typing this, 21st of December 2012 is almost over, only 1 an hour left to be more precise. Nothing drastic has happened, everyone living in Asia however are already couple hours into the new day and they have all survived.

There were many theories on how the world would end today... I think 1 of the most talked about theories was the planet is going to collide with us. This however was shot down pretty quickly by astronomers who said that if we were going to collide with a planet we would have seen a planet coming our way days or maybe even weeks before it would actually happen.

(taken from the guardian.co.uk site)


What do you think? Is it a Christmas miracle that we survived doomsday? Or were you as sceptical about it as I was. Have you really experienced a Christmas miracle? Or are you hoping to see one this year? Also did you wake up today feeling different about ''doomsday''?

p.s. I was planning on doing something else for 12 days of Christmas but I have been in bed all day. I think I have caught a cold. 

3 comments:

  1. I was always skeptical...there have been so many people predicting the end of the world and they are never right, obviously, lol.

    I think everyday I am living, eating, and my kids are healthy is a Christmas miracle.

    Hope you feel better!

    -Rekita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not believe it at all, and instead poked fun at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...