Sunday 18 November 2012

Project Samples End of Week 1

Hi dolls,

Can you believe it is the end of the week already? It was only a week ago when I introduced project samples to all of you and everyone was very positive about it.

I do have to admit though, I think I will be having a hard time with this because some of my samples especially because sometimes they temporarily take over my normal routine and therefore won't be able to use my normal products and test out new products. So therefore I will change 1 of my rules of the fact that 1 of the samples has to be deluxe size or travel size. Because that is frankly not do-able.


Ok so from left to right, I will start at the top. First one was the Roberto Cavalli perfume sample, I am assuming this is a pretty new scent as I have been seeing it pop up everywhere in sample boxes. This scent is ok, but it is a bit strong and spicy for my liking. So I would not buy the full size of this perfume if I get the chance to. 
The next is the Planter's Aloe Vera cream that can be used for face, hands and body. I used this once for the entire body and I have to admit it is nice, the only problem I have with this is the fact that it is a bit greasy feeling. The scent is nice, as it contains shea butter.
On the bottom, I tried the Lancome Genefique Youth Activator. It is their Genefique serum and it is a very liquid consistency. I use this as an eye serum and also on my forehead where I start to form lines. I still have a little bit left, this one really lasts a long time. It is really nice, it has a sticky feeling when it dries but that disappears in 2 seconds.
The middle sample is the Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal which is a face moisturizer, I have to say I did not like this product. I got 2 uses out of it and it made my face feel very greasy and I had to try and get my skin back on track after this product. 
The last sample is the Andrélon shampoo, this is a newer product from Andrélon and it says it gives your hair that brightness and shineness back and it kinda does. The only problem is that I did not have the conditioner that goes with it but I found out, I didn't really need a conditioner with this shampoo. But I would not use this continiously without a conditioner. And this will not replace my normal shampoo. It is a nice shampoo though, good for when you are in a hurry and don't want to use a condition because you don't have time or any of the shine products.

That was it for project samples week 1. Did you do project samples with me? And if so, how did you come along?

12 comments:

  1. That is the challenge with using things up...it prevents you from testing out other things. It looks like you did a nice job getting through several samples though. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is a great idea! I almost never use samples anymore, but it can be such a great way of finding new, awesome products.

    Following you via the I Love My Online Friends blog hop :) Stop by and say hi sometime! <3

    - Erin

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed you back, love your idea of the blog.

      I know samples can be great for finding out new things but also trying out the products you thought you were going to like but end of not liking.

      Delete
  3. It's sometimes hard to really use the skin care samples because it actually takes about a month to know if it really works for your skin and they don't always last that long. Great post, nice reviews that were right to the point. I like that :)
    -Kristin
    meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah for some reason the samples for skincare always just last like a couple of days but when you buy the full size it seems to last forever!! lol

      Delete
  4. This is such a brilliant idea. I have so many samples that tend to get lost in the shuffle and like you said, they hinder you from other products, and sometimes I set them aside and end up forgetting about them. You've inspired me to take some initiative with my massive sample collection lol http://plushpinkallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward in your blog posts about it.

      Delete
  5. I like the smell of scent of Shea Butter too. I like samples on items I'm on the fence about, or that are new. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm visiting from the Weekend Blog Walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Shea butter to me smells like coconut, which I love!! lol

      Delete
  6. Great reviews! I haven't tried any of these products myself, but I appreciate that you're so honest about your opinions on them :)

    Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am always honest because otherwise it should not be called a review. I will tell you whether or not I like something.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...