Sunday 23 September 2012

Truly Yours August 2012 Box Review

Hi dolls,

If I am correct this week I will be receiving my Truly Yours September box, the people who live outside of the Netherlands and don't know my unboxing videos. Truly Yours is a sample subscription service just like glossybox and birchbox. The price was € 12.95 per month but they were forced to raise their prices as well to € 14.95 but I got the opportunity to sign up now for their normal price of € 12.95 per month until I stop my subscription. Which first of all is really nice of them, glossybox never gave me the opportunity to do that. 

Besides you will notice that I like the Truly Yours boxes much more than the Glossybox because the products in the Truly Yours are far better than Glossybox. Both in size and the variety of products and also their customer service is spot on. I am in regular contact with them through my twitter and facebook account.  I have seen other people asking questions and they usually answer within hours except weekends of course.

Anyhow on to the review part of this post which was the entire intention.

First product in this box was the Snowberry Smoothing Eye Serum. It says, good things come in small packages and this certainly was small. The sample size was only 7ml but to think that the full size is 15ml this sample was a great size. This product originates from New Zealand and I was super excited to try this out because I have never heard of this brand before and also because it is from New Zealand, not a lot beauty products are from there. It is an eye serum containing the New Zealand snowberry and it reduces under eye bags and fine lines. I have to say I love this product, it is just great product, the consistency is more of a cream not a runny serum. But I prefer that cream consistency much better because it smears better and also you use less product.

Sample Size worth € 29.40 7ml (Full size is € 63.- 15ml)

The second product was the Weleda Rosa Mosqueta vitalizing face moisturizer, as the name says it is roses. I have to say the scent of this product was way too strong for me and therefore I only sampled a tiny bit of it. Because even though I don't mind rosy scents this was too overpowering rosy that I could not stand the smell of it. So I did not use it. I did receive a full size product.

Full size product worth € 15.95 containing 30ml

The third product was the Weleda Rosa Mosqueta night moisturizer, as the daily moisturizer once again I did not care for this product so I did not even open it to try.

Full size product worth € 16.75 containing 30ml

The fourth product was something I could use after 2 not for me products. It was the impulss nail polish in the color 009. It is a very nice dark blue color with silver running through, so in some lights it kinda looks grey. I love it! I put it on my toe nails to try out because my finger nails are still in summer mood lol. 

Full size product worth € 4.99 containing 6.5ml
The color on my nails (don't mind my ugly toes lol)

The fifth product was the Korres Guava showergel, even though this was only sample size it was a deluxe sample. I have been wanting to try out something by Korres because I heard great things about the brand. And I have to say this showergel did its work, it smells really good, if you like that guava and nature mix. It is an unique scent but I like it, not too overpowering. 

Sample Size product worth € 2.12 containing 50 ml (full size is € 10.60 250ml)

The last product in the box was an extra and it was a sample of the new Marc Jacobs Dot perfume, the scent is floral with its main component being jasmin. It is quite nice but don't think it will become 1 of my favorites.

extra sample did not include as a product so no value

Overall this box was great if you like the Weleda moisturizers because those two were full sizes and just one of them paid for the box already. The eye serum is a nice new product to try out and the nail polish, I can never have too many nail polishes. 

I think with the products that I do not use or just tried out once from my boxes, I will collect and giveaway at some point when I think I have enough products. Of course I will put it one of the boxes so it will actually look like a beauty box.

So overall this box has a value of € 69.21 which does not include the Marc Jacobs sample, I have to say this is a great value for a box that only costs € 12.95 I just wish the Weleda stuff didn't stink that much lol. What do you think of the contents of this box?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...