Monday 27 August 2012

Movie Monday: Hunger Games

Hi dolls,

I am a little late today with my Monday segment. 

I finally managed to watch the Hunger Games. I know I am a bit late.. But I was actually planning not to watch the movie at all! I normally don't watch something when at first glance it does not interest me that much and then gets so much media attention. I usually steer far away from it. There are exceptions but that is for another blog post. (1 of the reasons why I have not watched 1 single Twilight movie)

Normally I would have a movie to recommend to you guys. But because I have just been listening to the same songs and not watched any movie I am totally in love with lately. I thought I would write a short review on the movie that I last watched. And that is the Hunger Games.

After hearing so many good things and everyone raving about it. I wanted to watch it but on the other not so much just because of too much media hype. (Do you guys ever have that?)

I have to say this is one of those movies that is overhyped about, I don't want to offend anyone and this is my opinion. I did not like this movie as much as I thought I would like it. The fact that Gail (Liam Hemsworth character) is in love with Katniss (totally hollywood-ised) does not make sense to me, because of the lack of screen time between those two. I think the movie was pretty bloody to watch, would not recommend it to kids. I had to look away a couple of times, because it grossed me out. But maybe that is because I can't stand the sight of blood and disgustingness. 

What I would recommend though it to watch the movie and judge for yourself, I can understand why some people find it a good movie. But not so good that they can watch it 10x on a day. 


If you have a movie you think I should watch. Let me know in the comments, or if you have seen the Hunger Games let me know what you thought of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...