Wednesday 4 July 2012

Sleek Oh So Special Palette (swatches + review)

Hi dolls,

as you might have seen in my collective haul video I mentioned this product if you have not seen my haul video go to my channel and whilst you are there. Don't forget to subscribe if you have not subscribed already.

Anyways on to the product, it is the Sleek Oh So Special eyeshadow palette. It contains 12 eyeshadows and the colors are absolutely gorgeous! 

I love the packaging it just looks so sleek! lol, It is nice and compact and it has a good size mirror in it. the size of the palette itself. It comes with a double ended sponge tip applicator, which I don't use because I prefer using my brushes, but I think it would be great for traveling. 

Ok so the colors are from top row, left to right; Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate.
Bottom row from left to right; Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir.

I do have to say when I first received this palette I was disappointed about the size, I expected it to be bigger but that might just be because of the pictures that were posted online. The palette is about the size of my hand. The shadows weigh 1.1 gram each or 0.03 ounces. 

Now the swatches,

From left to right; Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate.
Bow: this is a neutral beige color, which does not show up at all! I put like 5 layers on my skin in the hope it would show up a little bit but it doesn't at all. So this color is no use for me. It is very light and basically my skin tone color.
Organza: This is an absolute gorgeous rose color with gold shimmer in it. It looks so nice when I swatched it, in some lights it looks a bit dark rose and then when you turn a little bit the gold shines through. I just love this color.
Ribbon: This looks like such a pretty color in the palette, but I find it very powdery and pink toned coral color. I don't like how powdery it is maybe I should use it wet instead of dry. I don't think I will use it as an eyeshadow because it looks a bit odd on me but I think it will look pretty as a light blush.
Gift Basket: A very nice gold toned brown, I think this can work great for a bronze look or even for fall.
Glitz: Nice shimmery blue color, which I probably won't use for the summer because it is a bit too dark for my liking for the summer. But definitely I will use it in the fall/winter time. 
Celebrate: You can't tell from the photos I put up but it is a nice shimmery dark purple with a slight pink tone in it. I think this will make gorgeous smokey eyes without the classic black smokey look.

Now for the bottom row swatches from left to right; Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir.
Pamper: This eyeshadow has the same powdery feel like the Ribbon color so I am not crazy about the consistency. But it is a nice soft peachy pink color, which once again does not look nice on my eyes. So I have not decided if I will be able to use this color for anything. Maybe for blush again?
Gateau: I love this eyeshadow color. It is a nice gold with slight purple mixed in it. Which makes it more gold tone but occasionally the purple shines through. I just love this color.
The Mail: I like to call this color a light mud color, it really reminds me of muddy color. It is a matt color but this is a bit close to tan colors so on some skin tones it won't show up like the Bow color.
Boxed: This is a nice matt dark mud color, so it is brown. I think this can work great for like filling in brows or as a crease color. 
Wrapped Up: This is a nice matt mauve color which I think will work great for the crease combining it with Gift Basket.
Noir: This is your average black matt eyeshadow, which I think will be great for blending or lining your lower lash line. Because if it is too dark you can just blend it away. 

So overall the eyeshadows are great, except for a few that I find very powdery. The consistency is nice and soft, they are mineral shadows. I will be using the lighter for summer and the somewhat darker colors for fall.

If you have this palette, let me know what you think. What do you think I should buy next from Sleek? And if you would like any tutorials using this palette let me know in the comments. I would love to hear some feed back. 

If you like to check out the oh so special palette on the Sleek website check here.

FTC. I bought this palette with my own money and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love this palette, my favourite shadow is Gateau, I normally just use it on it's own all over my lid. I've not tried anything from Sleek except the palettes, but if you like warm gold eyeshadows I'd pick the 'Sunset' palette up it's lovely :)

    Jess
    xxx

    http://sugar-and-sparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gateau is 1 of my favs from the palette as well. It is just so pretty. Thanks I will take a look at the sunset palette, I am actually thinking about getting the olympic palette sleek is putting out. xoxox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...