Monday 23 July 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Review

Hi dolls,

I thought I would actually make a blog post about this instead of a video review like I have been doing the past week. So finally a content post! lol, I have been neglecting my blog a little bit. Just because I have my dad's camera to play with for my YouTube videos and it films in HD which I have been obsessed with. 

Anyways, I bought these a couple of weeks ago. They were on offer for 2 for 15 euros (normally they are 9.95 or 9.99 a piece) so I thought I would pick two of them up. As everyone has been raving about them so much, I wanted to find out what the hype was all about. I am talking about the Maybelline 24 hour Color Tattoos.

The color tattoos color range in Holland is pretty limited, I have found 4 different colors so far (correction I actually saw 6 today) and I have of 2 of them. 

I bought 35 On and on Bronze;

and 05 Eternal Gold;

The other 2 colors are a blue/teal and a white color. The blue/teal color was pretty but I didn't think I would get a lot of use out of it. And the white, I have my NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk so didn't think it was necessary to own the white.

I picked out the two more neutral colors as you can say. You can wear them on their own or as an eyeshadow base to make your eyeshadow stand out even more. I use them as a base, because I don't really like cream eyeshadows and usually cream eyeshadows don't like me because it just gets everywhere during the day and it starts to crease, all in all not a good look for me. These two are great as an eyeshadow base, it really does make a difference when I apply eyeshadow over it. 

These are the swatches of both of the color tattoos;
*With Flash*

*Without Flash*

They are nicely pigmented and very creamy. And also a lot of shimmer, if you are not the shimmer type of person then you might not like this very much. 

I love the packaging, you can store it upside down and see the colors. ( I have seen a lot beauty gurus store them that way) Or you can store them with the lid upwards the label with the color is on the lid, so you can tell right away which is which. The glass container is quite heavy, so no cheap packaging. When I bought it, it was entirely sealed which I like when buying makeup. So I know no one else has touched it (bit of germ-a-fobe). 

The downside of the Maybelline Color Tattoos, are that I do not know if they last a full 24 hours because I have not tried. And I don't wear makeup in my sleep. I would not recommend having makeup on your face for 24 hours anyways. 

Also they kind of smudge, when they are on their own. Because I did my swatches and waited for about half an hour and then tried to smudge it by going over it with my finger and basically the glitter went all over my hand. So kind of need to be carreful with that, but I don't think any of us would go over our eyelids after we've done our makeup anyways. 
I took a picture of it and you can tell that the glitter is everywhere, especially from the 05 Eternal Gold, not so much from the 35 On- and on Bronze shadow.

So how do I apply this shadow? I use my finger to apply this on my lid and just blend it out basically and then apply my usual eyeshadow. If you want to use a brush, I would recommend one of those flat eyeshadow brushes (kind of like a concealer brush) because then you can brush it on, and be precise with it. Because it is a bit of pain to get it off. I used facewipes to wipe off the swatches and there is still glitter and shimmer on my hand.

I will definitely be doing a tutorial featuring the Maybelline Color Tattoo, so watch out for that. Also let me know if you have any experience with this product? Or what other product would you like me to review? What kind of tutorial would you like to see? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...