Monday 17 January 2011

Golden Globes 2011

Ok so last night was the golden globes awards in the US. Although I don't really watch these award shows as it is in the middle of the night over here. And normally they are not very interesting although I love the red carpet looks that goes on. So here are my picks for my favorite looks of the evening. This was a fairly tough decision as there were so many gorgeous dresses.
Natalie Portman, wore one of my favorite dresses of the evening, by Victor & Rolf. It is just such an elegant and romantic dress. I love how the bold red rose is on a pale pink dress. Simplicity rules all.
Another favorite of mine is the dress that Eva Longoria wore. It is a quite dramatic dress with a long train and showing off both the back and the front. But it made classy as it is just simple in black. It shows of her curves very well and makes her look longer as she is quite a petit actress. The dress is by Zac Posen.
Megan Fox, wore a gorgeous Armani Prive dress. Which just looks amazing with her skin and hair color. 

This was my last of the favorites of the night, I will now post some of the dressed that I thought did not belong at an award show like the Golden Globes.
January Jones, wore one of my least favorite dresses of the evening. She wore a red string dress by Versace. Although I admire here for wearing red, I don't like the strings at all. It looks like all she could afford was the strings and not the fabric for the dress. And the cut outs on the side are just too much, because she is already having such a low neckline.
Mandy Moore wore Monique L'huillier, I kinda like this dress in general but it is kinda of boring and the tule at the bottom just makes it look strange. As if someone thought oh lets just sew some more tule on the bottom to give it some volume. And her hair should've been worn up, to show of the beautiful a-symmetric neckline of the dress.
Halle Berry wore this awful so not dressy dress by Nina Ricci, I am sorry but Halle you are going to an award show not going to the bedroom to do you know what I mean. The corset, looks like it is too big for her bust and then all the sheerness at the bottom, making it look like a sarong you put on a beach to cover up yourself a little bit. If the bottom part would be not the sheer fabric but a satin fabric, this dress could've been saved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...